A couple of years ago, at the encouragement of a friend, I entered the world of Twitterdom. I wasn’t sure what I should tweet about, but I was intrigued by the challenge of telling a story with just 140 characters. I watched other tweeters for awhile. Some had some really profound things to say. Others simply gave every detail of their lives. Every detail.
Now, having had first-hand experience with my life, I realized that providing people details would be a certain way to become socially undesirable. I needed something to tweet about. And that’s about the time, Zoe, my son’s dog, came to live with us. Dubbing her “Foster Dog,” she became my inspiration.
Foster Dog went relatively unnoticed until I discovered that my tweets could automatically be published on my FaceBook account. And a star was born — one much less temperamental than Barbara Streisand. At least that’s what I thought at first. I’ve had a lot of people ask that I collect these little blurbs in one place. So, I’m going to bring them here to joeycope.com. I’ll just post 5 or 6 at a time and I’ll start with the oldest ones. Where I can remember, I’ll provide the context of the tweet.
Here’s the first batch. Hope you enjoy them.
1. Church in 20 minutes. Rain. Trying to convince Foster Dog that the back porch is sufficient shelter.
2. Sunshine. Foster Dog now wants to be inside with a/c. Tough love. She’s still outside.
Early in my tweeting career I had a stay-at-home vacation — a staycation. Foster Dog was featured in several of those episodes:
3. Staycation 3.1. Foster Dog indicates desire to go to church. Settles for jerky treat and nap on back porch. Seems oddly human.
4. Staycation 5.1. My plan was to wash off back porch. Foster Dog watches with interest. And rolls in mud in anticipation of clean slate.
5. Staycation 5.3. Taking Foster Dog to vet for check up. Big dog. Borrowed truck. Now need a crane to lift her up to the bed.
6. Staycation 8.6. Long walk tonight. Possibility of thunderstorms. Foster Dog convinces us to let her sleep inside. 80 pound baby.
Coming soon: Foster Dog Revisited 2